Ph.D. Electronic Engineering, Kwangwoon University (2013)
M.S. Electronic Engineering, Kwangwoon University (2009)
B.S. Electronic Engineering, Kwangwoon University (2007)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior research scientist, Center for Biomicrosystems, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (Aug. 2018-Present)
- Postdoc Research Associate, Center for Biomicrosystems, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (Feb. 2014-Feb. 2018)
- Postdoc Research Associate, Department of Electronics Engineering, Kwangwoon University (Mar. 2013-Dec. 2013)
- BioMEMS, highly catalytic (nanoporous Pt, hybrid coral-like Au with Pt nanoparticles) electrochemical biosensors
- Dopamine, blood glucose, blood free-cholesterol, hydrogen peroxide, dissolved oxygen
- Non-invasive, flexible devices for high sensitive low-level analytes determination (Lipoprotein, Neurodegenerative protein)
- Electrical nerve stimulation/recording for nerve regeneration
- Minimal-invasive CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System), Drug delivery micro-pump
- Micro-TAS (Total Analysis System)
- Yi Jae Lee†, Changhyuk Lee†, Eun Jin Wang, Dmytro Kotov, Hee Youn Kim, Jeong Ho Hwang, Ki Hoon Ahn, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Non-invasive Ring Electrode with a wireless electrical recording and stimulating system for monitoring preterm labor,” IEEE Trans. Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 2020 (†Equally contributed co-first author)(Accepted)
- Hyung been Lee, Min Tack Oh, Yi Jae Lee, Kuk Hui Son, Nakwon Choi, Byung Chul Lee, and Soo Hyun Lee, ” Highly-efficient microfluidic ultrasonic transducers assisted gDNA extraction system in whole blood for POCT applications”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 319(15), 128317, 2020.
- Kyu Shik Eom†, Yi Jae Lee†, Hye Won Seo, Ji Yoon Kang, Joon Sub Shim and Soo Hyun Lee, “Sensitive and non-invasive cholesterol determination in saliva via optimization of enzyme loading and platinum nano-cluster composition”, Analyst, 2020, vol. 145, pp. 908-916 (†Equally contributed co-first author).
- Yi Jae Lee, Kyu Shik Eom, Kyeong-Sik Shin, Ji Yoon Kang, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Enzyme-loaded paper combined impedimetric sensor for the determination of the low-level of cholesterol in saliva”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 271, pp. 73-81, Oct. 2018.
- Han-Jun Kim, Dong Nyoung Heo, Yi Jae Lee, Sang Jin Lee, Ji Yoon Kang, Soo Hyun Lee, Il Keun Kwon, and Sun Hee Do, “Biological assessments of multifunctional hydrogel-decorated implantable neural cuff electrode for clinical neurology application”, Scientific Reports, vol. 7, 15245, 10 Nov. 2017
- Dong Nyoung Heo, Han-Jun Kim, Yi Jae Lee, Min Heo, Sang Jin Lee, Donghyun Lee, Sun Hee Do, Soo Hyun Lee, and Il Keun Kwon, “Flexible and highly biocompatible nanofiber-based electrodes for neural surface interfacing”, ACS Nano, vol. 11(3), pp. 2961-2971, Feb. 2017 (DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.6b08390)-Cover paper.
- Yi Jae Lee, Han-Jun Kim, Ji Yoon Kang, Sun Hee Do, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Biofunctionalization of Nerve Interface via Biocompatible Polymer-Roughened Pt Black on Cuff Electrode for Chronic Recording”, Advanced Healthcare Materials, vol. 6(6), Mar. 2017.
- Yi Jae Lee, Han Jun Kim, Sun Hee Do, Ji Yoon Kang, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Characterization of Nerve-Cuff Electrode Interface for Biocompatible and Chronic Stimulating Application”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 237, pp. 924-934, Dec. 2016.
- Dong Nyoung Heo, Su Jin Song, Han Jun Kim, Yi Jae Lee, Wan Kyu Ko, Sang Jin Lee, Donghyun Lee, Sung Jin Park, Lijie Grace Zhang, Ji Yoon Kang, Sun Hee Do, Soo Hyun Lee, and Il Keun Kwon, “Multifunctional hydrogel coatings on the surface of neural cuff electrode for improving electrode-nerve tissue interfaces”, Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 39, pp. 25-33, Jul. 2016.
- Yi Jae Lee, Sung Jin Park, Kwang-Seok Yun, Ji Yoon Kang, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Enzymeless glucose sensor integrated with chronically implantable nerve cuff electrode for in-situ inflammation monitoring”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 222, pp.425-432, Jan. 2016.
- Sung Jin Park, Yi Jae Lee, Dong Nyoung Heo, Il Keun Kwon, Kwang-Seok Yun, Ji Yoon Kang, and Soo Hyun Lee, “Functional Nerve Cuff Electrode with Controllable Anti-inflammatory Drug Loading and Release by Biodegradable Nanofibers and Hydrogel Deposition”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 215, pp.133-141, Mar. 2015.
- Yi Jae Lee and Jae Yeong Park, “Characterization of Electroplated Multilayered Nanoporous Platinum Films for Electrochemical Sensor Applications”, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 7067-7069, Oct. 2013.
- Yi Jae Lee and Jae Yeong Park, “Fabrication and Characterization of Multilayered Nanoporous Platinum Films Deposited by Electroplating and Nonionic Surfactant Molds”, Applied Surface Science, vol. 277, pp. 100-104, Jul. 2013
- Yi Jae Lee and Jae Yeong Park, “Highly Selective and Sensitive Electrochemical Detection of Dopamine using a Nafion Coated Hybrid Macroporous Gold Modified Electrode with Platinum Nanoparticles”, IEEE Transaction on Nanobioscience, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 250-258, Dec. 2011.
- Yi Jae Lee, Cheonseok Oh, Jae Yeong Park, and Younghun Kim, “Fabrication and Characterization of Macroporous Gold Hybrid Sensing Electrodes with Electroplated Platinum Nano-particles”, IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1298-1305, Nov. 2011.
- Yi Jae Lee and Jae Yeong Park, “A Highly Miniaturized Dissolved Oxygen Sensor Using a Nanoporous Platinum Electrode Electroplated on Silicon”, Journal of Korean Physical Society, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1505-1510, May 2011.
- Yi Jae Lee and Jae Yeong Park, “A Coral-like Macroporous Gold-Platinum Hybrid 3D Electrode for Enzyme-Free Glucose Detection”, Sensors and Actuators B; Chemical, vol. 155, issue 1, pp. 134-139, Jul. 2011.
- Yi Jae Lee, Jae Yeong Park, Younghun Kim, Jae Wook Ko, “Amperometric Sensing of Hydrogen Peroxide via Highly Roughened Macroporous Gold-/Platinum Nanoparticles Electrode”, Current Applied Physics, vol. 11, pp. 211-216, Mar. 2011.
- Yi-Jae Lee and Jae-Yeong Park, “Nonenzymatic free-cholesterol detection via a modified highly sensitive macroporous gold electrode with platinum nanoparticles”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 26, Issue 4, pp. 1353-1358, Dec. 2010. (Special Issue: Biosensors 2010)
- Yi-Jae Lee and Jae-Yeong Park, “Fully Embedded Lumped LC-Quadrature Hybrid Coupler into Organic Packaging Substrate for Power Sampling”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 845-848, Mar. 2009.
- Yi Jae Lee, Dae Joon Park, and Jae Yeong Park, “Fully Packaged Non-Enzymatic Glucose Micro-Sensors with Nanoporous Platinum Electrodes for Anti-Fouling”, IEEE SENSORS Journal, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1922-1927, Nov. 2008.