Ph.D. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST (2014)
B.S. Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyunghee University (2008)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, Convergence Research Center for Dementia (DTC), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2018-Present)
- Presidential Post-doc. Fellowship, Convergence Research Center for Dementia (DTC), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2017-Present)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2016-2017)
- National Research Council of Science & Technology (NST) Research Fellowship, Center for Neuro-Medicine, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2014-2016)
- Investigation of aggregation, modification and transmission mechanisms of pathogenic proteins in neurodegenerative diseases
- Development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s Disease
- Glioblastoma-secreted soluble CD44 activates tau pathology in the brain. Lim S, Kim D, Ju S, Shin S, Cho IJ, Park SH, Grailhe R, Lee C & Kim YK. Experimental & Molecular Medicine, (2018).
- Development of a BODIPY-based fluorescent probe for imaging pathological tau aggregates in live cells. Lim S, Haque MM, Su D, Kim D, Lee JS, Chang YT & Kim YK. Chemical Communications, (2017).
- Identification of disulfide cross-linked tau dimer responsible for tau propagation. Kim D, Lim S, Haque MM, Ryoo N, Hong HS, Rhim H, Lee D, Chang YT, Lee J, Cheong E, Kim DJ & Kim YK. Scientific Reports, (2015).
- Monitoring of intracellular tau aggregation regulated by OGA/OGT inhibitors. Lim S, Haque MM, Nam G, Ryoo N, Rhim H & Kim YK. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, (2015).
- Separation of a functional deubiquitylating module from the SAGA complex by the proteasome regulatory particle. Lim S, Kwak J, kim M & Lee D. Nature Communications, (2014).