Dec 2008, Ph.D. University of Cincinnati, OH, USA, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science (BioMEMS)
Sep 2005, M.S. University of Cincinnati, OH, USA, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science (BioMEMS)
Feb 2002, B.S. Korea University, Seoul, Korea, Electrical Engineering
- 03/2018- Present Principal Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)
- 02/2010- Present, Senior Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)
- 03/2012- Present, Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Korea University of Science and Technology (UST)
- 04/2013-03/2014, Visiting Scholar, BioMiNT (Biomolecular Microsystems and Nano Tranducers) lab, University of Califonia, Irvine (Prof. Abraham P. Lee)
- 10/2006-02/2010, Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)
- 09/2002-09/2006, Graduate Research Assistant, Prof. Chong H. Ahn, Microsystems and Biomems Laboratory, University of Cincinnati, OH
- Ultra-high sensitive nano gap sensor for tau protein and PTM to diagnose Neurodegenerative disease such as AD and PD
- Functional neural electrode for CNS and PNS
- Implantable sensors such as IOP (intraocular pressure) sensor
- Cell chip, Lab-on-a-chip for in-vitro blood-brain-barrier (BBB)
- Piezoelectric resonator using PZT material in Nano scale
- Polymer waveguide sensor and SPR (Surface Plasmon Resonance) device
- RT (Reverse Transcription)-PCR Lab-on-a-chip using polymer materials
- Woongsun Choi, Sang Yun Yeoma, Junsun Kim, Seungwon Jung, Seungho Jung, Tae Soup Shim, Sang Kyung Kim, Ji Yoon Kang, Soo Hyun Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Jungkyu Choi, Nakwon Choi, “Hydrogel micropost-based qPCR for multiplex detection of miRNAs associated with Alzheimer’s disease” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, (2018) 235-244
- Han-Jun Kim, Dong Nyoung Heo, Yi Jae Lee, Sang Jin Lee, Ji Yoon Kang, Soo Hyun Lee*, II Keun Kwon & Sun Hee Do, “Biological assessments of multifunctional hydrogel-decorated implantable neural cuff electrode for clinical neurology application” Scientific Reports, 20171110
- Heo, D. N., H.-J. Kim, Y. J. Lee, M. Heo, S. J. Lee, D. Lee, S. H. Do, H. Lee*, I. K. Kwon* (2017). “Flexible and highly biocompatible nanofiber-based electrodes for neural surface interfacing.” ACS NANO: 201703 (JCR Ranking: 3.082%, IF: 13.334)
- Lee, Y. J., H.-J. Kim, J. Y. Kang, S. H. Do and H. Lee* (2017). “Biofunctionalization of Nerve Interface via Biocompatible Polymer-Roughened Pt Black on Cuff Electrode for Chronic Recording.” Advanced Healthcare Materials: 1601022, 201703
- Hwang, D. G., Y. M. Chae, N. Choi, I.-J. Cho, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2016). “Label-free detection of prostate specific antigen (PSA) using a bridge-shaped PZT resonator.” Microsystem Technologies: 1-8.
- Lee, Y. J., H.-J. Kim, S. H. Do, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2016). “Characterization of nerve-cuff electrode interface for biocompatible and chronic stimulating application.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 237: 924-934.
- Ji, J.-h., K.-s. Shin, S. Kang, H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, S. Kim and S. C. Jun (2016). “Fundamental monomeric biomaterial diagnostics by radio frequency signal analysis.” Biosensors and Bioelectronics 82: 255-261.
- Heo, D. N., S.-J. Song, H.-J. Kim, Y. J. Lee, W.-K. Ko, S. J. Lee, D. Lee, S. J. Park, L. G. Zhang J. Y. Kang, S. H. Do, H. Lee*, I. K. Kwon* (2016). “Multifunctional hydrogel coatings on the surface of neural cuff electrode for improving electrode-nerve tissue interfaces.” Acta Biomaterialia.
- Jang, C.-I., K.-S. Shin, M. J. Kim, K.-S. Yun, K. H. Park, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2016). “Effects of inner materials on the sensitivity and phase depth of wireless inductive pressure sensors for monitoring intraocular pressure.” Applied Physics Letters 108(10): 103701.
- Lee, Y. J., S. J. Park, K.-S. Yun, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2016). “Enzymeless glucose sensor integrated with chronically implantable nerve cuff electrode for in-situ inflammation monitoring.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 222: 425-432.
- Kim, Y. W., M. J. Kim, K. H. Park, J. W. Jeoung, S. H. Kim, C. I. Jang, H. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. Lee and J. Y. Kang (2015). “Preliminary study on implantable inductive‐type sensor for continuous monitoring of intraocular pressure.” Clinical & experimental ophthalmology 43(9): 830-837.
- Shin, K.-S., C.-I. Jang, M. J. Kim, K.-S. Yun, K. H. Park, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2015). “Development of Novel Implantable Intraocular Pressure Sensors to Enhance the Performance in in vivo Tests.” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems 24(6): 1896-1905.
- Park, S. J., Y. J. Lee, D. N. Heo, I. K. Kwon, K.-S. Yun, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2015). “Functional nerve cuff electrode with controllable anti-inflammatory drug loading and release by biodegradable nanofibers and hydrogel deposition.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 215: 133-141.
- Chae, M.-S., S.-M. Lee, Y. K. Yoo, H. Lee, J. Kim, T. S. Kim, D. J. Ahn, J. H. Lee and K. S. Hwang (2014). “Fabrication and characterization of piezoelectric driven microdiaphragm resonating sensor for a biosensing application.” Journal of Electroceramics 32(4): 383-389.
- Hwang, H., B. Kang, H. Lee, C.-I. Jang, J. Y. Kang and C. Park (2014). “Resonance frequency effects of an external coil for IOP sensor applications.” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications 28(7): 790-801.
- Chu, J.-U., K.-I. Song, A. Shon, S. Han, H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J.-K. F. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2013). “Feedback control of electrode offset voltage during functional electrical stimulation.” Journal of neuroscience methods 218(1): 55-71.
- Chu, J.-U., K.-I. Song, S. Han, H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J.-K. F. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2013). “Gait phase detection from sciatic nerve recordings in functional electrical stimulation systems for foot drop correction.” Physiological measurement 34(5): 541.
- Kang, B., H. Hwang, H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, J.-H. Park, C. Seo and C. Park (2013). “A wireless intraocular pressure sensor with variable inductance using a ferrite material.” JSTS: Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science 13(4): 355-360.
- Hwang, D. G., Y. M. Chae, K. S. Hwang, J. Y. Kang and H. Lee* (2012). “Fabrication and characterization of PZT (lead zirconate titanate) bridge-shaped resonator for mass sensing application.” Journal of electroceramics 29(3): 225-234.
- Kim, C., J. H. Bang, Y. E. Kim, H. Lee and J. Y. Kang (2012). “On-chip anticancer drug test of regular tumor spheroids formed in microwells by a distributive microchannel network.” Lab on a chip 12(20): 4135-4142.
- Chu, J.-U., K.-I. Song, S. Han, H. Lee, J. Kim, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J.-K. F. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2012). “Improvement of signal-to-interference ratio and signal-to-noise ratio in nerve cuff electrode systems.” Physiological measurement 33(6): 943.
- Kim, C., K. S. Lee, J. H. Bang, Y. E. Kim, M.-C. Kim, K. W. Oh, H. Lee and J. Y. Kang (2011). “3-Dimensional cell culture for on-chip differentiation of stem cells in embryoid body.” Lab on a Chip 11(5): 874-882.
- Kim, C., S. Chung, Y. E. Kim, K. S. Lee, H. Lee, K. W. Oh and J. Y. Kang (2011). “Generation of core-shell microcapsules with three-dimensional focusing device for efficient formation of cell spheroid.” Lab on a Chip 11(2): 246-252.
- Lee, S. H*., J. H. Jung, Y. M. Chae, J.-K. F. Suh and J. Y. Kang (2010). “Fabrication and characterization of implantable and flexible nerve cuff electrodes with Pt, Ir and IrOx films deposited by RF sputtering.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 20(3): 035015.
- Su-Kyoung Chae, Chang-Ha Lee, Soo Hyun Lee, Tae-Song Kim and Ji Yoon Kang, “Oil droplet generation in PDMS microchannel using an amphiphilic continuous phase”, Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 1957–1961
- Choong Kim, Kang Sun Lee, Young Eun Kim, Kyu-Jung Lee, Soo Hyun Lee, Tae Song Kim and Ji Yoon Kang, “Rapid exchange of oil-phase in microencapsulation chip to enhance cell viability”, Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 1294–1297
- Soo Hyun Lee*, Sung-Woo Kim, Ji Yoon Kang and Chong H. Ahn, “A polymer lab-on-a-chip for reverse transcription (RT)-PCR based point-of-care clinical diagnostics”, Lab Chip, 2008, 8, 2121–2127
- Zou, S. Lee, and C.H. Ahn, “A Polymer Microfluidic Chip with Interdigitated Electrodes Arrays for Simultaneous Dielectrophoretic Manipulation and Impedimetric Detection of Microparticles”, IEEE Sensors Journal, VOL. 8, 527-534, (2008)
- Chunyan Li, Soohyun Lee, Andrew Gorton, Mark J. Schulz and Chong H. Ahn, “Flexible Dome and Bump Shape Piezoelectric Tactile Sensors using PVDF-TrFE Copolymer”, Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, VOL. 17, 334-340, (2008)
(*: first and corresponding author)