Ph.D. Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University (2014)
B.S. Chemical education, Seoul National University (2008)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, Center for Neuromedicine, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2017-Present)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Fundamental Signaling Research Hub, Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR) (2015-2017)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University (2014)
- Discovery of new signaling pathway
- Identification of bioactive small-molecule modulators and mode-of-action study
- Development of sensors and chemical probes
- A small molecule binding HMGB1 and HMGB2 inhibits microglia-mediated neuroinflammation. Lee, S.; Nam, Y.; Koo, J.Y.; Lim, D.; Park, J.; Ock, J.; Kim, J.; Suk, K.*; Park, S.B.* Nat. Chem. Biol. 2014, 10, 1055–1060.
- Discovery of autophagy modulators through the construction of high-content screening platform by monitoring lipid droplets. Lee, S.; Kim, E; Park, S.B.* Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 3282–3287.
- Discovery of highly selective FLT3 kinase inhibitor from phenotypic cell viability profiling. Lee, S.; Jo, A.; Park, S.B. Med Chem. Comm. 2013, 4, 228–232.