Ph.D. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2014)
M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2010)
B.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2008)
- Adjunct Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University (2021.10-present)
- Senior Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2016.03-Present)
- Associate Professor, Biomedical Science & Technology, KIST School, UST (2016-Present)
- Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, KIST (2015.09-2016.02)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, KIST (2014.03-2015.08)
- Visiting Scholar, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (2010)
- Development of in vitro blood-brain barrier (BBB) model which can mimic the structure and physiology of human BBB system
- Development of in vitro neural circuit model to investigate the region-to-region connectivity in human brain
- Studies on mechanobiology which investigate the role of mechanical properties of materials or nanoscale features in cell behaviors and functions
- Seo, S. Y. Nah, K. Lee*, N. Choi*, H. N. Kim*, “Triculture model of in vitro BBB and its application to study BBB-associated chemosensitivity and drug delivery in glioblastoma”, Advanced Functional Materials, 32, 2106850 (2022).
- Lee#,*, S. Kim#, K. S. Hwang#, N. R. Lim#, H. B. Oh, I.-J. Cho, J. Kim*, K. H. Kim*, H. N. Kim*, Effect of Carbon Nanomaterial Dimension on the Functional Activity and Degeneration of Neurons”, Biomaterials, 279, 121232 (2021).
- Kim, K. S. Hwang, E. U Seo, S. Seo, B. C. Lee, N. Choi, J. Choi, H. N. Kim*, “Vascularizaed lung cancer model for evaluating the promoted transport of anticancer drugs and immune cells in an engineered tumor environment”, Advanced Healthcare Materials, advanced online publication (2022).
- Seo#, S. Bang#, J. Son, D. Kim, Y. Jeong, P. Kim, J. Yang, J. -H. Eom, N. Choi*, H. N. Kim*, “Brain Physiome: a concept bridging in vitro 3D brain models and in silico models for predicting drug toxicity in the brain”, Bioactive Materials, 13, 135-148 (2022).
- Bang#, D. Tahk#, Y. H. Choi#, S. Lee, J. Lim, S. -R. Lee, B. -S. Kim, H. N. Kim*, N. S. Hwang*, N. L. Jeon*, “3D Microphysiological System-Inspired Scalable Vascularized Tissue Constructs for Regenerative Medicine”, Advanced Functional Materials, 32, 2105745 (2022).
- Seo#, C. Choi#, K. S. Lee, S. U. Kim, K. Lee, N. Choi*, H. J. Lee*, S. -H. Cha*, H. N. Kim*, “An engineered neurovascular unit for modeling neuroinflammation”, Biofabrication, 13, 3, 035039 (2021).
[cptui cptui_posttype=”yujin_blog” cptui_shortcode=”grid_shortcode” cptui_shortcode_id=”2131″ show_thumbnail=”on” show_title=”on” show_categories=”on” show_excerpt=”on” show_read_more=”on” amount=”5″][/cptui]