Ph.D. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2014)
M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2010)
B.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2008)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2016.03-Present)
- Assistant Professor, Bio-Medical Science & Technology, KIST School, UST (2016-Present)
- Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, KIST (2015.09-2016.02)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, KIST (2014.03-2015.08)
- Visiting Scholar, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (2010)
- Development of in vitro blood-brain barrier (BBB) model which can mimic the structure and physiology of human BBB system
- Development of in vitro neural circuit model to investigate the region-to-region connectivity in human brain
- Studies on mechanobiology which investigate the role of mechanical properties of materials or nanoscale features in cell behaviors and functions
- H. N. Kim#,*, K. -J. Jang#, J. -Y. Shin, D. Kang, S. M. Kim, I. Koh, Y. Hong, S. Jang, M.S. Kim, B. -S. Kim, H. E. Jeong, N. L. Jeon, P. Kim*, and K. -Y. Suh, "Artificial Slanted Nanocilia array as a Mechanotransducer for Controlling Cell Polarity", ACS Nano, 11 (1), 730–741, (2017).
- J. A. Kim#, H. N. Kim#, S. –K. Im, S. Chung, J. Y. Kang, and N. Choi, “Collagen-based brain microvasculature model in vitro using three-dimensional (3D) printed template”, Biomicrofluidics, 9, 024115 (2015).
- J. Kim#, H. N. Kim#, K.-T. Lim, Y. Kim, S. Pandey, P. Garg, Y.-H. Choung, P.-H. Choung, K.-Y. Suh and J. H. Chung, "Synergistic effects of nanotopography and co-culture with endothelial cells on osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells," Biomaterials, 34(30), 7257-7268, (2013).
- H. N. Kim, A. Jiao, N. S. Hwang, M. S. Kim, D. -H. Kang, D. -H. Kim and K.-Y. Suh, “Nanotopography-guided tissue engineering and regenerative medicine,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 65(4), 536-558 (2013).
- H. N. Kim#, Y. Hong#, M. S. Kim, S. M. Kim and K.-Y. Suh, “Effect of Orientation and Density of Nanotopography in Dermal Wound Healing,” Biomaterials, 33(34), 8782-8792 (2012).
- J. Park, D. -H. Kim, H. N. Kim, C. J. Wang, M. K. Kwak, E. Hur, K. -Y. Suh, S. S. An, and A. Levchenko, “Directed migration of cancer cells by the graded texture of the underlying matrix”, Nature Materials, advanced online publication, (2016)