Ph.D. Neuroscience, Department of Biology, Brandeis University (1999)
M.S. Physiology, State University of New York at Buffalo (1994)
B.S. Microbiology, Seoul National University (1989)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, Center for Neuroscience, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2006-Present)
- Associate Professor, Neuroscience Program, Division of Bio-Medical Science and Technology, KIST School, University of Science and Technology (2006-Present)
- President, Brain and Neuron Development Society of Korea (2016-Present)
- Research Specialist, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI)/Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2005-2006)
- Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate, HHMI/Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2000-2005)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Neuroscience Program, Department of Biology, Brandeis University (2000)
- Molecular and cellular mechanism of synaptic plasticity
- Neurogenesis and neuronal cell death
- Glial functions in brain disorders and injury models
- Reduction of Cav3 channels in dorsal hippocampus impairs the development of dentate gyrus newborn neurons and hippocampal-dependent memory tasks. Kim, S.-H., Park, Y.-R., Lee, B., Choi, B., Kim, H., Kim, C.-H. PLoS One 2017, 12(7):e0181138.
- Role of Cav1 T-type calcium channel in kainic acid-induced temporal lobe epilepsy model. Kim, C.-H. Brain Res., 2015, 1622: 2014-216.
- Developmental regulation of PICK1 function in hippocampal synaptic plasticity and learning. Kim, C.-H. *, Volk, L.*, Takemiya, K., Yu, Y., Huganir, R. 2010, Proc. Nat’l. Acad. Sci. 107:21784-21789.
- Persistent hippocampal CA1 LTP in mice lacking the C-terminal PDZ ligand of GluR1. Kim, -H., Takamiya, K., Petralia, R. S., Sattler, R., Yu, S., Zhou, W., Kalb, R., Wenthold, R., Huganir, R. Nature Neurosci., 2005, 8:985-987.
- A role of actin filament in synaptic transmission and long-term potentiation. Kim, -H., Lisman, J. E. J. Neurosci. 1999, 19:4314-4324.
- 특허등록번호: 10-1628021, 발명자: 김종현, 발명의 명칭: 동물 조건 운동 장치 및 그 제어 방법