Ph.D. Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University (1996)
B.S. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University (1993)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Principal Researcher, Center for Functional Connectomics, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2012-Present)
- Research Scientist, Center for Functional Connectomics, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2010-2012)
- PRESTO Researcher, JST, Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo (2008-2010)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center (2001-2008)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The 4th Department, Osaka Bioscience Institute (1998-2001)
- Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Department of Physiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health (1996-1998)
- Structural and functional network formation in the cerebellum
- Roles of cerebellum integrating motor and cognitive functions
- Baek S.J., Park J.S., Kim J., Yamamoto Y., Tanaka-Yamamoto K. (2022) VTA-projecting cerebellar neurons mediate stress-dependent depression-like behaviors. eLife 11:e72981
- Rhee J.K.#, Park H.#, Kim T.*, Yamamoto Y.*, Tanaka-Yamamoto K.* (2021). Projection-dependent heterogeneity of cerebellar granule cell calcium responses. Mol. Brain 14: 63
- Park H., Kim T., Kim J., Yamamoto Y.*, Tanaka-Yamamoto K.* (2019) Requirement of inputs from sequentially developed parallel fibers for cerebellar organization. Cell Rep. 28: 2939-2954
- Kim T., Yamamoto Y. *, Tanaka-Yamamoto K. * (2017) Timely regulated sorting from early to late endosomes is required to maintain cerebellar long-term depression. Nat. Commun. 8(1):401.
- Lee D., Yamamoto Y., Kim E., Tanaka-Yamamoto K. (2015) Functional and Physical Interaction of Diacylglycerol Kinase ζ with Protein Kinase Cα Is Required for Cerebellar Long-Term Depression. J. Neurosci. 35:15453–15465.
- Kim Y, Kim T, Rhee JK, Lee D, Tanaka-Yamamoto K*, Yamamoto Y*. (2015) Selective transgene expression in cerebellar Purkinje cells and granule cells using adeno-associated viruses together with specific promoters. Brain Res. 1620:1-16.
- Yamamoto, Y., Lee D., Kim, Y., Lee, B., Seo, C., Kawasaki, H., Kuroda, S., Tanaka-Yamamoto, K. (2012) Raf kinase inhibitory protein is required for cerebellar long-term synaptic depression by mediating PKC-dependent MAPK activation. J. Neurosci. 32; 14254-14264.