Ph.D. in Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 2019
B.A. in Physics, Minor in Math, Columbia University 2012
- Senior Research Scientist, Brain Science Institue, KIST 2021.07 – present
- Research Scientist, Brain Science Institute, KIST. 2019.08 – 2021.06
- Single-cell biophysics
- Quantitative and computational cell biology
- JH Kang, TP Miettinen, L Chen, S Olcum, G Katsikis, PS Doyle, SR Manalis. Noninvasive monitoring of single-cell mechanics by acoustic scattering. Nature Methods (2019).
- JH Kang*, G Katsikis*, MA Stockslager, D Lim, MB Yaffe, SR Manalis, TP Miettinen. Monitoring and modeling of lymphocytic leukemia cell bioenergetics reveals decreased ATP synthesis during cell division. Nature Communications (2020).
- L Mu*, JH Kang*, S Olcum, K Payer, N Calistri, R Kimmerling, SR Manalis, TP Miettinen. Mass measurements of polyploid lymphocytes reveal that growth is not size limited but depends strongly on cell cycle. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2020).