Ph.D. Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology, Seoul National University College of Medicine (2006)
B.S. Veterinary Medicine, Cheju National University (2001)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, DTC Convergence Center, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2015-present)
- Campus Veterinarian, Research Animal Resources Center (RARC), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2014-present)
- Senior Researcher, Center for Neuroscience, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2012-Present)
- Research Associate, Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute-Florida (TSRI) (2008-2012)
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago (2006-2008)
- To study for role of various microRNAs in Addiction and its related brain disorders
- To develop de novo therapeutic targets for Alzheimer’s disease
- To develop de novo biomarkers for Addiction and its related brain disorders
- Regulator of G-protein Signaling 4 (RGS4) Controls Morphine Reward via Glutamate Receptor Activation in the Nucleus Accumbens of the Mouse Brain. Kim J, Lee S, Kang S, Jeon T-I, Kang M-J, Lee T-H, Kim YS, Kim K-S, Im H-I* Mol Cells 2018, In press
- Intravenous morphine self-administration alters accumbal microRNA profiles in the mouse brain. Kim J, Im H-I*, Moon C* Neuroal Regen Res. 2018, 13(1), 77–85.
- MicroRNA Profiling in Aging Brain of PSEN1/PSEN2 Double Knockout Mice. Ham S, Kim TK, Lee S, Tang YP, Im H-I*. Mol Neurobiol. 2017,
- Multiplexed Detection of Epigenetic Markers Using Quantum Dot (QD)-Encoded Hydrogel Microparticles. Yeom SY, Son CH, Kim BS, Tag SH, Nam E, Shin H, Kim SH, Gang H, Lee HJ, Choi J*, Im H-I*, Cho IJ*, Choi N*. Anal Chem. 2016, 88(8), 4259-4268.
- Integrated miRNA-mRNA analysis in the habenula nuclei of mice intravenously self-administering nicotine. Lee S, Woo J, Kim YS, Im H-I*. 2015, 11(5), 12909.