Ph. D. Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University (2019)
B. S. Chemical education, Seoul National University (2014)
Senior Researcher, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2022-Present)
- Research Fellow, Center for Genome Engineering, Institute for Basic Science (IBS) (2019-2022)
- Utilization of genome engineering tools to manipulate the genome: CRISPR genome engineering, Mitochondrial DNA editing, Base Editing, Prime Editing
- Evaluation and improvement of genome engineering technology
- Development of genome engineering platforms for gene therapy and disease modeling of brain disease
- Lim K*, Cho SI* & Kim JS (2022) Nuclear and mitochondrial DNA editing in human cells with zinc finger deaminases. Nature Communications, 13:366, 1-10.
- Whisenant D*, Lim K*, Revêchon G, Yao H, Bergo MO, Machtel P, Kim JS & Eriksson M (2022) Transient expression of an adenine base editor corrects the Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome mutation and improves the skin phenotype in mice. Nature Communications, 13:3068, 1-13.
- Kim D*, Lim K*, Kim D & Kim JS (2020) Genome-wide specificity of dCpf1 cytidine base editors. Nature Communications, 11:4072, 1-8.
- Ryu SM*, Koo T*, Kim K*, Lim K*, Baek G, Kim ST, Kim HS, Kim D, Lee H, Chung E & Kim JS (2018) Adenine base editing in mouse embryos and an adult mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Nature Biotechnology, 36, 536-539.
- Kim D*, Lim K*, Kim ST, Yoon SH, Kim K, Ryu SM & Kim JS (2017) Genome-wide target specificities of CRISPR RNA-guided programmable deaminases. Nature Biotechnology, 35, 475-480.