Ph.D. Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University (2015)
M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2006)
B.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University (2004)
RESEARCH CAREER & ACTIVITIES
- Senior Researcher, Center for Biomicrosysetms, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2016-Present)
- Researcher, Center for BioMicrosystems, KIST (2006-2016)
- Novel Robotic Platforms for Biomedical Applications
- Handheld Robots for Robot-Assisted Microsurgery
- Robotics and Sensing Technology for Medical Applications
- Robotic Platforms for Neuroscience Research
- Yang, J. N. Martel, L. A. Lobes Jr., and C. N. Riviere, “Techniques for Robot-Aided Intraocular Surgery Using Monocular Vision”, Int. J. Robot. Res., in press.
- Yang, R. A. MacLachlan, J. N. Martel, L. A. Lobes Jr., and C. N. Riviere, “Comparative evaluation of handheld robot-aided intraocular laser surgery,” IEEE Trans. Robot., vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 246-251, 2016.
- Yang, R. A. MacLachlan, and C. N. Riviere, “Manipulator design and operation for a six-degree-of-freedom handheld tremor-canceling microsurgical instrument,” IEEE /ASME Trans. Mechatronics, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 761–772, 2015. (Awarded for TMECH 2016 Best Paper)
- Yang, R. A. MacLachlan, and C. N. Riviere, “Toward automated intraocular laser surgery using a handheld micromanipulator,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intell. Robot. Syst. (IROS), 2014, pp. 1302–1307. (Awarded for Best Application Paper)
- M. Kim, S. Yang (co-first author), J. Kim, S. Park, J. H. Cho, J. Y. Park, T. S. Kim, E. S. Yoon, S. Y. Song, and S. Bang, “Active locomotion of a paddling-based capsule endoscope in an in vitro and in vivo experiment,” Gastrointest. Endosc., vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 381–387, 2010. (Cover article)