Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Department of EECS, KAIST (2004)
M.S. Electrical Engineering, Department of EECS, KAIST (2000)
B.S. Electrical Engineering, Department of EECS, KAIST (1998)
- Principal Research Scientist, Center for BioMicrosystems, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2016-Present)
- Senior Research Scientist, Center for BioMicrosystems, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) (2010-2016)
- Visiting Research Scientist, EECS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2008-2010)
- Research Fellow, EECS, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (2007-2008)
- Senior Research Scientist, LG Electronics Institute of Technology, Seoul (2004-2007)
- MEMS Neural Probe System for recording neural activity with various stimulation (optogenetics, chemical delivery)
- Miniaturized fluorescence detection system in-vivo
- Miniaturized platforms with electrophysiology for artificial neural circuit with spheroid, organoid
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Univerity of Michigan (2020)
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan (2015)
B.E. Electrical Engineering, The Cooper Union (2013)
- Nonconventional methods for neural activity monitoring
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, KIST School, UST (2021)
B.S. Electrical Engineering, Myongji university (2014)
- MEMS Neural Probe System for recording neural activity with various stimulation (optogenetics, chemical delivery)
- Miniaturized lensless fluorescent imaging system
Ph.D. Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea (2020)
M.S. Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea (2013)
B.S. Department of Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea (2009)
- Learning & Memory
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Methodology: electrophysiology
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Korea University (2021)
B.S. Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, Kwangwoon University (2015)
- MEMS neural probe system for recording electrical and chemical neural activity (push-pull sampling probe(microdialysis), chemical delivery)
- MEMS actuator with electrostatic force and thermal actuation (RF MEMS switch)
Post-doc. WM Keck Center for Neurophysics (2020)
Ph.D. Neuroscience, UCLA (2018)
B.S. Neurobiology, University of Iowa (2010)
- Neural Criticality and Complexity
- High density electrophysiology
M.S. candidate School of Electrical Engineering, Yonsei University (2021 ~ )
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Kyunghee University (2021)
- Wireless neural probe for neural modulation
- Flexible multifunctional neural probe
M.S. Candidate Computer-integrated Systems and Technologies in Instrumentation Engineering, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (2020~ )
B.S. Biomedical Devices and Information Systems, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (2020)
- Fully integrated optogenetic neural probes
- Flexible opto-electric neural interfaces
M.S. candidate Neuroengineering, Department of Brain & Cognitive Engineering, Korea University (2021~)
B.S. A.A.S Dental Hygiene Program, New York University College of Dentistry (2020)
Pre-dentistry, Department of College of Health and Human Sciences, Purdue University (2015)
- Application of Neural probes in Brain organoids
- Microfluidic neural probes for the manipulation of neurochemicals
Integration of optical stimulation modalities on a large array of neural probes can enable an investigation of important underlying mechanisms of brain disorders that is not possible through neural recordings alone.
Optogenetics promises exciting neuroscience research by offering optical stimulation of neurons with unprecedented temporal resolution, cell-type specificity and the ability to excite as well as to silence neurons. This work provides the technical solution to deliver light to local neurons and record neural potentials, facilitating local circuit analysis and bridging the gap between optogenetics and neurophysiology research.
Neural probes integrated with microfluidic channels for direct brain infusion are of great interest because of the continuously increasing need to assess the efficacy of new pharmaceutical drugs and to investigate the roles of various neurotransmitters.
We present a neural probe with an embedded microfluidic channel (chemtrode) with multi-drug delivery capability suitable for small animal experiments. Chemtrodes enable not only targeted drug delivery with an accurate estimation of concentration and quantity of drugs applied on targeted neurons, but also allows near real-time monitoring of changes in neural signals during drug delivery.
Mapping the brain and peripheral circuits may be the grandest challenge in all of science today. Our mission is to help neuroscientists, neurologists, and other clinicians understand these amazingly complex circuits with tools that can monitor neural activity or recreate it in a natural or biomimetic way. We’ve developed expertise in MEMS and microsystem technology because we believe it offers novel ways to combine optical stimulation, recording arrays, drug delivery, biocompatible and flexible materials, and novel packaging solutions.
Investigating neural circuit dynamics in 3D in-vitro model is important for deciphering the functional connectivities among neurons. However, existing 3D microelectrode arrays have been difficult to analyze neural circuit dynamics in the 3D in-vitro model due to low electrode density and absence in stimulation capabilities. we present a 3D multifunctional MEA system integrated with a high-density 3D microelectrode array, a thinned optical fiber coupled with small LED and microfluidic channels to precisely investigate neural circuit in 3D in-vitro model. We expect our 3D multifunctional MEA to open up opportunities for studies of neural circuits through precise, in vitro investigations of neural circuit dynamics with 3D brain models.
Fluorescent microscopy is a powerful tool for monitoring cell dynamics and analyzing fluorescent molecular in biology. Lensless fluorescent microscopy has been developed and it offers advantages regarding cost, portability, and a wide field of view.
We develop a high-resolution lensless fluorescence imaging system using membrane deflection for reducing the gap between fluorescent samples and a CMOS image sensor array. The presented system applied the principle of the total internal reflection of excitation light inside a PDMS chip to minimize the exposure of excitation light to the image sensor.
-  Namsun Chou, Hyogeun Shin, Kanghwan Kim, Uikyu Chae, Minsu Jang, Ui-Jin Jeong, Kyeong-Seob Hwang, Bumjun Yi, Seung Eun Lee, Jiwan Woo, Yakdol Cho, Changhyuk Lee, Bradley J. Baker, Soo-Jin Oh, Min-Ho Nam, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho, “A Multimodal Multi-Shank Fluorescence Neural Probe for Cell-Type-Specific Electrophysiology in Multiple Regions across a Neural Circuit”, Advanced Science, 2021
-  Junbeom Kim, Ji Sung Shim, Bo Hoon Han, Hye Jin Kim, Jaesung Park, Il-Joo Cho, Sung Gu Kang, Ji Yoon Kang, Ki Wan Bong, Nakwon Choi, “Hydrogel-Based Hybridization Chain Reaction (HCR) for Detection of Urinary Exosomal miRNAs as a Diagnostic Tool of Prostate Cancer”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2021
-  Uikyu Chae, Hyogen Shin, Nakwon Choi, Mi-Jung Ji, Hyun-Mee Park, Soo Hyun Lee, Jiwan Woo, Yakdo Cho, Kanghwan Kim, Seulkee Yang, Min-Ho Nam, Hyun-Yong Yu, Il-Joo Cho, “Bimodal Neural Probe for Highly Co-localized Chemical and Electrical Monitoring of Neural Activities In Vivo”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2021
-  Hyogeun Shin, Junweon Byun, Donghyun Roh, Nakwon Choi, Hee-Sup Shin, Il-Joo Cho, “Interference-Free, Lightweight Wireless Neural Probe System for Investigating Brain Activity During Natural Competition”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2021
-  Eunee Lee, Seungjoon Lee, Jae Jin Shin, Woochul Choi, Changuk Chung, Suho Lee, Jihye Kim, Seungmin Ha, Ryunhee Kim, Taesun Yoo, Ye-Eun Yoo, Jisoo Kim, Young Woo Noh, Issac Rhim, Soo Yeon Lee, Woohyun Kim, Taekyung Lee, Hyogeun Shin, Il-Joo Cho, Kari Deisseroth, Sang Jeong Kim, Joo Min Park, Min Whan Jung, Se-Bum Paik, Eunjoon Kim, “Excitatory synapses and Gap Junctions Cooperate to Improve Pv Neuronal Burst Firing and Cortical Social Cognition in Shank2-Mutant Mice”, Nature Communications, 2021
-  Taeju Lee, Jee-Ho Park, Namsun Chou, Il-Joo Cho, Seong-Jin Kim, Minkyu Je, “A Multimodal Neural Activity Readout Integrated Circuit for Recording Fluorescence and Electrical Signals”, IEEE, 2021
-  Yeontaek Lee, Hyogeun Shin, Dongwon Lee, Sungah Choi, Il-Joo Cho, Jungmok Seo, “A Lubricated Nonimmunogenic Neural Probe for Acute Insertion Trauma Minimization and Long‐Term Signal Recording”, Advanced Science, 2021
-  Seokyung Bang, Kyeong Seob Hwang, Sohyeon Jeong, Il-Joo Cho, Nakwon Choi, Jongbaeg Kim, Hong Nam KIM, “Engineered Neural Circuits for Modeling Brain Physiology and Neuropathology”, Acta Biomaterialia, 2021
-  Noviana Wulansari, Wahyu Handoko Wibowo Darsono, Hye-Ji Woo, Mi-Yoon Chang, Jinil Kim, Eun-Jin Bae, Woong Sun, Ju-Hyun Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Hyogeun Shin, Seung-Jae Lee, Sang-Hun Lee, “Neurodevelopmental defects and neurodegenerative phenotypes in human brain organoids carrying Parkinson’s disease-linked DNAJC6 mutations”, Science Advances, 2021
-  Hyogeun Shin, Sohyeon Jeong, Woong Sun, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho “3D high-density microelectrode array with optical stimulation and drug delivery for investigating neural circuit dynamics in vitro”, Nature Communications, 2021
-  Ui-Jin Jeong, Jungpyo Lee, Namsun Chou, Kanghwan Kim, Hyogeun Shin, Uikyu Chae, Hyun-Yong Yu, Il-Joo Cho, “A minimally invasive flexible electrode array for simultaneous recording of ECoG signals from multiple brain regions”, Lab on a chip, 2021
-  Uikyu Chae, Hyun-Yong Yu, Changhyuk Lee, Il-Joo Cho “A Hybrid RF MEMS Switch Actuated by the Combination of Bidirectional Thermal Actuations and Electrostatic Holding”, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2020
-  Jun Young Heo, Min-Ho Nam, Hyung Ho Yoon, Hyunjoo J Lee, Hyogeun Shin, Il-Joo Cho, Onyou Hwang, Hoon Ryu, Sang Ryong Jeon, C Justin Lee* “Aberrant Tonic Inhibition of Dopaminergic Neuronal Activity Causes Motor Symptoms in Animal Models of Parkinson’s Disease”, Current Biology, 2020
-  Soo-Jin Oh, Jung Moo Lee, Hyun-Bum Kim, Jungpyo Lee, Sungmin Han, Jin Young Bae, Gyu-Sang Hong, Wuhyun Koh, Jea Kwon, Eun-Sang Hwang, Dong Ho Woo, Inchan Youn, Il-Joo Cho, Yong Chul Bae, Sungon Lee, Jae Wan Shim, Ji-Ho Park, C Justin Lee* “Ultrasonic Neuromodulation via Astrocytic TRPA1”, Current Biology, 2020
-  Prashant Pendyala, Hong Nam Kim, Harpreet S Grewal, Uikyu Chae, Sungwook Yang, Il-Joo Cho, Simon Song, Eui-Sung Yoon* “Internal-Flow-Mediated, Tunable One-dimensional Cassie-to-Wenzel Wetting Transition on Superhydrophobic Microcavity Surfaces during Evaporation”, Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 2019
-  Hyogeun Shin, Yoojin Son, Uikyu Chae, Jeongyeon Kim, Nakwon Choi, Hyunjoo J Lee, Jiwan Woo, Yakdol Cho, Soo Hyun Yang, C Justin Lee, Il-Joo Cho, “Multifunctional multi-shank neural probe for investigating and modulating long-range neural circuits in vivo”, Nature Communications, 2019
-  Jungpyo Lee, Kyungmin Ko, Hyogeun Shin, Soo-Jin Oh, C Justin Lee, Namsun Chou, Nakwon Choi, Min Tack Oh, Byung Chul Lee, Seong Chan Jun, Il-Joo Cho “A MEMS ultrasound stimulation system for modulation of neural circuits with high spatial resolution in vitro”, Microsystems & Nanoengineering, 2019
-  Young-min Shin, Yong-Kweon Kim, Seung-Ki Lee, Hyogeun Shin, Il-Joo Cho, Jae-Hyoung Park “Microprobe electrode array with individual interconnects through substrate using silicon through-glass via”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 290, 336-346, 2019
-  Sung-Jin Jeong, In Young Lee, Bang Ook Jun, Young-Joon Ryu, Jeong-woo Sohn, Sung-Phil Kim, Choong-Wan Woo, Ja Wook Koo, Il-Joo Cho, Uhtaek Oh, Kyungjin Kim, Pann-Ghill Suh “Korea Brain Initiative: Emerging Issues and Institutionalization of Neuroethics”, Neuron 101 (3), 390-393, 2019
-  Jae Ryun Ryu, June Hoan Kim, Hyo Min Cho, Youhwa Jo, Boram Lee, Sunghoon Joo, Uikyu Chae, Yoonkey Nam, Il-Joo Cho, Woong Sun “A monitoring system for axonal growth dynamics using micropatterns of permissive and Semaphorin 3F chemorepulsive signals”, Lab on a Chip 19 (2), 291-305, 2019
-  Jaewon Choi, Minhong Jeun, Seong-Su Yuk, Sungwook Park, Jaebin Choi, Donggeun Lee, Hyogeun Shin, Hojun Kim, Il-Joo Cho, Sang Kyung Kim, Seok Lee, Chang Seon Song, Kwan Hyi Lee “Fully Packaged Portable Thin Film Biosensor for the Direct Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viruses from On-Site Samples”, ACS nano 13 (1), 812-820, 2018
-  Donghyeon Roh, Woongsun Choi, Junbeom Kim, Hyun-Yong Yu, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho “Fabrication of Multi-layered Macroscopic Hydrogel Scaffold Composed of Multiple Components by Precise Control of UV Energy”, BioChip Journal 12 (4), 280-286, 2018
-  Geon Kook, Sohyeon Jeong, So Hyun Kim, Mi Kyung Kim, Sungwoo Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Nakwon Choi, Hyunjoo J Lee “Wafer-Scale Multilayer Fabrication for Silk Fibroin-Based Microelectronics”, ACS applied materials & interfaces 11 (1), 115-124, 2018
-  Sungsu Lim, Dohee Kim, Shinyeong Ju, Seulgi Shin, Il-joo Cho, Sung-Hye Park, Regis Grailhe, Cheolju Lee, Yun Kyung Kim “Glioblastoma-secreted soluble CD44 activates tau pathology in the brain”, Experimental & molecular medicine 50 (4), 5, 2018
-  Hyunjoo J Lee, Nakwon Choi, Eui-Sung Yoon, Il-Joo Cho “MEMS devices for drug delivery”, Advanced drug delivery reviews 128, 132-147, 2017
-  Prashant Pendyala, Hong Nam Kim, Harpreet S Grewal, Il-Joo Cho, Eui-Sung Yoon “Effect of capillary forces on the correlation between nanoscale adhesion and friction of polymer patterned surfaces”. Tribology International, 114, 436-444, 2017
-  Woongsun Choi, Sang Yun Yeom, Junsun Kim, Seungwon Jung, Seungho Jung, Tae Soup Shim, Sang Kyung Kim, Ji Yoon Kang, Soo Hyun Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Jungkyu Choi, Nakwon Choi “Hydrogel micropost-based qPCR for multiplex detection of miRNAs associated with Alzheimer’s disease”. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2017
-  Jin-Hyung Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Kyungmin Ko, Eui-Sung Yoon, Hyung-Ho Park, Tae Song Kim “Flexible piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducer (pMUT) for application in brain stimulation”. Microsystem Technologies, 23(7), 2321-2328, 2017
-  Il-Joo Cho, Hyung-Kew Lee, Sun-Il Chang, Euisik Yoon “Compliant Ultrasound Proximity Sensor for the Safe Operation of Human Friendly Robots Integrated with Tactile Sensing Capability”. Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, 12(1), 310-316, 2017
-  Eunjoo Kim, Kyunghwan Lim, Taehee Lee, Kyoung-Su Ha, Doug-Young Han, Jaewook Nam, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho, Alex CK Yip, Jungkyu Choi “Mono-dispersed DDR zeolite particles by seeded growth and their CO 2, N 2, and H 2 O adsorption properties”. Chemical Engineering Journal, 306, 876-888, 2016
-  Prashant Pendyala, Harpreet S Grewal, Hong Nam Kim, Il-Joo Cho, Eui-Sung Yoon “Individual role of the physicochemical characteristics of nanopatterns on tribological surfaces”. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8(44), 30590-30600, 2016
-  Geon Kook, Sung Lee, Hee Lee, Il-Joo Cho, Hyunjoo Lee “Neural probes for chronic applications”. Micromachines, 7(10), 179, 2016
-  Choonghyun Son, Kyungmin Ko, Hyunjoo Jenny Lee, Kyungwhan Na, Jiseok Han, Kwang-Seok Yun, Eui-Sung Yoon, Euntai Kim, Il-Joo Cho “A flexible multimodal tactile display array for virtual shape and texture”. Microsystem Technologies, 22(10), 2587-2594, 2016
-  Yoon Ho Roh, Sang Jun Sim, Il-Joo Cho, Nakwon Choi, Ki Wan Bong. “Vertically encoded tetragonal hydrogel microparticles for multiplexed detection of miRNAs associated with Alzheimer’s disease”. Analyst, 141(15), 4578- 4586, 2016
-  HS Grewal, Shuxue Piao, Il-Joo Cho, Kyung-Young Jhang, Eui-Sung Yoon “Nanotribological and wetting performance of hierarchical patterns”. Soft matter, 12(3), 859-866, 2016
-  Sang Yun Yeom, Choong Hyun Son, Byung Sun Kim, Sung Hyun Tag, Eunjoo Nam, Hyogeun Shin, So Hyun Kim, Haemin Gang, Hyunjoo J Lee, Jungkyu Choi, Heh-In Im, Il-Joo Cho, Nakwon Choi “Multiplexed Detection of Epigenetic Markers Using Quantum Dot (QD)-Encoded Hydrogel Microparticles.” Analytical Chemistry. (Co-corresponding), 2016
-  Surajit Some, Ji Soo Sohn, Junmoo Kim, Su-Hyun Lee, Su Chan Lee, Jungpyo Lee, Iman Shackery, Sang Kyum Kim, So Hyun Kim, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho, Hyo-Il Jung, Shinill Kang, Seong Chan Jun, “Graphene- Iodine Nano composites: Highly Potent Bacterial Inhibitors that are Bio-compatible with Human Cells”, Scientific reports, 2016
-  Dong Gun Hwang, Youn Mee Chae, Nakwon Choi, Il-Joo Cho, Ji Yoon Kang, Soo Hyun Lee “Label-free detection of prostate specific antigen (PSA) using a bridge-shaped PZT resonator.” Microsystem Technologies, 1-8, 2017
-  Simon Gallo, Choonghyun Son, Hyunjoo Jenny Lee, Hannes Bleuler, Il-Joo Cho “A flexible multimodal tactile display for delivering shape and material information” , Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 236, 180-189, 2015
-  HS Grewal, Shuxue Piao, Il-Joo Cho, Kyung-Young Jhang, Eui-Sung Yoon “Nanotribological and wetting performance of hierarchical patterns”. Soft matter, 2016
-  Seonuk Yu, Dongil Kim, Il-Joo Cho, Kwang-Seok Yun “Optimization of ferrofluid motion on solid substrate and its application to micro-mirror device.” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 54(6S1), 06FP0, 2015
-  HS Grewal, Il-Joo Cho, Eui-Sung Yoon “The role of bio-inspired hierarchical structures in wetting.” Bioinspiration & biomimetics, 10(2), 026009, 2015
-  Hyogeun Shin, Hyunjoo J Lee, Uikyu Chae, Huiyoung Kim, Jeongyeon Kim, Nakwon Choi, Jiwan Woo, Yakdol Cho, C Justin Lee, Eui-Sung Yoon, Il-Joo Cho, “Neural probes with multi-drug delivery capability.” Lab on a Chip, 15(18), 3730-3737, 2015
-  Hyunjoo J Lee, Yoojin Son, Jeongyeon Kim, C Justin Lee, Eui-Sung Yoon, Il-Joo Cho, “A multichannel neural probe with embedded microfluidic channels for simultaneous in vivo neural recording and drug delivery.” Lab on a Chip, 15(6), 1590, 2015
-  Y Son, Lee H Jenny, J Kim, H Shin, N Choi, Lee C Justin, ES Yoon, E Yoon, KD Wise, Kim T Geun, IJ Cho, “In vivo optical modulation of neural signals using monolithically integrated two-dimensional neural probe arrays.” Scientific reports, 5, 2015
-  Il Hwan Cho, Hyogeun Shin, HyunjooJenny Lee, Il-Joo Cho. “Effects of Fabrication Process Variation on Impedance of Neural Probe Microelectrodes.” Elect. Eng. Technol. vol. 10, 30-35, 2015
-  Hyunjoo J Lee, Yoojin Son, Dohee Kim, Yun Kyung Kim, Nakwon Choi, Eui-Sung Yoon, Il-Joo Cho. “A new thin silicon microneedle with an embedded microchannel for deep brain drug infusion.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2015.
-  Sang‐Myung Lee, Thi‐Huong Nguyen, Kyounghwan Na, Il‐Joo Cho, Dong Ho Woo, Jae‐Eung Oh, C Justin Lee, Eui‐Sung Yoon, “Nanomechanical measurement of astrocyte stiffncess correlated with cytoskeletal maturation.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2014.
-  Harpreet S Grewal, Il-Joo Cho, Jae-Eung Oh, Eui-Sung Yoon “Effect of topography on the wetting of nanoscale patterns: experimental and modeling studies.” Nanoscale, 6(24), 15321-15332, 2014.
-  Myounggun Jeon, Jeiwon Cho, Yun Kyung Kim, Dahee Jung, Eui-Sung Yoon, Sehyun Shin, Il-Joo Cho. “Partially flexible MEMS neural probe composed of polyimide and sucrose gel for reducingbrain damage during and after implantation.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 24(2), 025010, 2014.
-  Hyunjoo J Lee, Yanghee Kim, Eui-Sung Yoon, Il-Joo Cho “Versatile Size and Shape Microlens Arrays With High Numerical Apertures” JMEMS Letters, 2014.
-  Fan Wu, Eran Stark, Maesoon Im, Il-Joo Cho, Eui-Sung Yoon, György Buzsáki, Kensall D Wise, Euisik Yoon. “An implantable neural probe with monolithically integrated dielectric waveguide and recording electrodes for optogenetics applications” Journal of neural engineering, 10(5), 056012, 2013.
-  Il-Joo Cho, Kwang-Seok Yoon and Hyo-Jin Nam, “A High-Speed Single Crystal Silicon AFM Probe Integrated with PZT Actuator for High-Speed Imaging Applications”, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol.6, no.1, 2011
-  Pham Due Cuong, Kyungwhan Na, Suhak Park, Il-Joo Cho, Kyungyoung Chang and Eui-Sung Yoon “Wetting behavior and nanotribological properties of silicon nanopatterns combined with diamond-like carbon and perfluoropolyether films”, Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no.39, 2011
-  Il-Joo Cho and Euisik Yoon, “Design and Fabrication of a Single Membrane Push-Pull SPDT RF MEMS Switch Operated by Electromagnetic Actuation and Electrostatic Hold”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 20, 035028, March 2010.
-  Il-Joo cho and Euisik Yoon, “A Low-Voltage Three-Axis Electromagnetically Actuated Micromirror for Fine Alignment Among Optical Devices”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 29, 085007, July 2009.
-  Il-Joo Cho, Seongsoo Jang and Hyo-Jin Nam, “A Piezoelectrically Actuated MEMS Speaker with Polyimide Membrane and Thin film Pb(Zr,Ti)O3(PZT) Actuator”, Integrated Ferroelectrics, vol. 105, pp. 27-36, August 2009.
-  Caroline Sunyong Lee, Hyo-Jin Nam, Sung-Soo Jang, Il-Joo Cho and Jong-Uk Bu, “Investigation on PZT Damage During Wafer-Level Bonding of Thermo-Piezoelectric Cantilevers with CMOS Wafers for Probe-Based Data Storage”, JKPS, Vol. 51, No.4, pp. 1374~1377, October 2007.
-  Maesoon Im, Il-Joo Cho, Kwang-Seok Yun and Euisik Yoon, “Electromagnetic Actuation and Microchannel Engineering of a Polymer Micropen Array Integrated with Microchannels and Sample Reservoirs for Biological Assay Patterning”, Applied Physics Letters, Vol.91, No.12, pp.124101-1-124101-3, September 2007.
-  Caroline Sun-Yong Lee, Sung-Geun Kim, Suk-Yong Jeong, Sung-Hoon Ahn, Won-Hyeog Jin, Sung-Soo Jang, Il-Joo Cho, Young-Sik Kim and Hyo-Jin Nam , “Thermal Analysis of Micro Cantilevers Integrated with Heaters for Low Power Nano-Data-Storage Application”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 139, Issues 1-2, pp.12-16, September 2007.
-  Young-Sik Kim, Seongsoo Jang, Caroline Sunyong Lee, Won-Hyeog Jin, II-Joo Cho, Man-Hyo Ha, Hyo-Jin Nam, Jong-Uk Bu, Sun-II Chang and Euisik Yoon “Thermo-Piezoelectric Si3N4 Cantilever Array on CMOS Circuit for High Density Probe-Based Data Storage”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 135, Issue 1, pp. 67-72, March 2007.
-  Hyo-Jin Nam, Young-Sik Kim, Caroline Sunyong Lee, Won-Hyeog Jin, Seong-Soo Jang, Il-Joo Cho, Jong-Uk Bu, Woo Beom Choi and Seung Woo Choi, “Silicon Nitride Cantilever Array Integrated with Silicon Heaters and Piezoelectric Detectors for Probe-Based Data Storage”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 134, Issue 2, pp 329-333, March 2007.
-  Il-Joo Cho, Taeksang Song, Sang-Hyun Baek and Euisik Yoon “A Low-Voltage and Low-Power RF MEMS Series and Shunt Switches Actuated by Combination of Electromagnetic and Electrostatic Forces”, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol., 53, No.7, July 2005.
-  Kwang-Seok Yun, Il-Joo Cho, Jong-Uk Bu, Chang-Jin Kim and Euisik Yoon “A Surface Tension Driven Micropump for Low-Voltage and Low-Power Operations”, Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 11, Issue 5, pp. 454-461, October 2002.
-  Kwang-Hyun Lee, Hyung-Kew Lee, Hee-Jin Byun, Il-Joo Cho, Jong-Uk Bu and Euisik Yoon “An Audio Frequency Filter Application of Micromachined Thermally-Isolated Diaphragm Structures”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 89, pp.49-55, March 2001.
-  Il-Joo Cho, Eun-Chul Park, Songcheol Hong, Euisik Yoon “Atomic Force Microscope Probe Tips Using Heavily Boron-Doped Silicon Cantilevers Realized in a <110> Bulk Silicon Wafer”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Part 1:Regular Papers and Short Notes, Vol. 39, No. 12B, pp. 7103-7179, December 2000.
2020 KMEMS 학회 (2020.8.19~8.21)
2019 KMEMS 학회 (2019.4.4~4.6)
Nick’s farewell lunch (2018.7)
Joint LAB M.T. (2017)
KMEMS 2016 학회 참석
Ph.D. Mechatronics, School of Mechanical Engineering, GIST (2017)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonnam National University (2010)
- Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science, University of Szeged
Ph.D. Electronics and Computer Engineering, Department of ECE, Hanyang University (2019)
B.S. Electronic Engineering, Department of EE, Hanyang University (2012)
- SK hynix Co., Ltd.
Ph.D. Mechatronics, School of Mechanical Engineering, GIST (2016)
M.S. Mechatronics, School of Mechanical Engineering, GIST (2011)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk University (2009)
- KBRI (Korea Brain Research Institute)
M.S. Yonsei univ, Department of electronic and electrical engineering (2015)
B.S. Dong-eui univ, Mechatronics engineering (2008)
- Ph. D. Department of electronic and electrical engineering, Yonsei unversity (2016 ~)
M.S. Sogang univ, Department of electronic and electrical engineering (2015)
B.S. Sogang univ, Department of electronic and electrical engineering (2013)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Flash Design Team
M.S. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Korea University (2015)
B.S. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, DanKook University (2013)
- SK hynix Co., Ltd
M.S. School of Electrical Engineering, Department of ECE, Korea Univ. (2018)
B.S. Intensive for Electronic Engineering, Department of EIE, Sejong Univ. (2015)
M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Department of ME, Yonsei University (2017)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Department of ME, Yonsei University (2015)
- University of California, Berkeley
B.S. School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University (2013~2020)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin (2020~)
M.S. Department of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Science and Technology, University of Seoul (2021)
B.S. Department of Chemical Engineering, Daejin University (2011)
- Advanced Analysis Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)
M.S. candidate School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University (2021)
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Korea University (2018)
- LG Electronics Co., Ltd.